Florida’s Best Hurricane Generator with Key Start
Top choice for hurricanes in Southwest Florida. The Yamaha EF7200 with electric start is serious home backup. Enough power for most central air conditioning units up to 3 tons, plus lights, televisions, multiple refrigerators and freezers, microwave ovens and other necessities. Recommended for use with our whole-house transfer switches–add at checkout!
Transfer Switch Needed: 30A Standard Transfer Switch
Lifespan: Up to 15 years with regular professional service.
Lifespan is an estimate based on Tropical Generator’s past experience with generators used as home backup for hurricanes only and is not guaranteed. Lifespan depends heavily on maintenance and usage. Generators require fuel treatment and maintenance while in storage and regular testing.
Type: Dual voltage, Brushless, AC Generator
Maximum AC Output: 7200 watts up to 30 minutes
Rated AC Output: 6000 watts continuous
Rated / Maximum AC Current: 50.0 / 60.0 amps @ 120V – 25.0 / 30.0 amps @ 240V
L x W x H: 21.9 x 29.0 x 31.5 in
Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.9 gal
Continuous Operation at Rated Load: 8 hr
Warranty: 3 year limited warranty.
- Reduced price, more wattage, the EF7200D/DE is a great value with the same legendary quality and performance.
- The EF7200DE comes with an electric starter and auto choke for effortless push button starting.
- Comes standard with wheels, fold-down/locking handles. Battery standard on DE model.
- Eight hours run time at full load – 18% longer run time than previous model.
- Digital hour meter, and digital volt meter display total run time accumulation for servicing and indicates the voltage output.
- 3 year industrial and residential warranty with optional Y.E.S. for customer peace of mind.
- Lifting eye for convenient for hoisting and security.
- OHV engine offers efficiency, increased reliability, and quieter operation.
- Full power, full time 120/240 dual voltage is great for the job site or home backup.
- Fuel gauge provides easy monitoring of fuel level.
- The EF7200D/DE features a rugged design with full roll cage protection for heavy jobs.
- New and improved OHV MZ360 engine with a hemispherical head — Yamaha legendary durability and reliability with increased fuel efficiency
- Rugged Wheel kit w/fold-down locking handles — Standard on EF7200DE and EF7200D
- The battery is standard on the EF7200DE — Great value and added convenience for starting
- Cast iron cylinder lining — Optimal heat dissipation
- Automatic oil warning system shuts off engine before oil level is low — Prevents engine damage, avoids costly repairs, minimizes down time, enhances long term durability
- Transistor Controlled Ignition (T.C.I.) — Provides clean, efficient spark that ensures fast, easy starting. Low maintenance, reliable operation
- Auto decompression — Automatically “opens” exhaust valve slightly to reduce initial back pressure when starting making manual starting effortless
- EPA Emission Engine Life Rating — The EF7200DE and EF7200D meet the strictest environmental standards – EPA and CARB
- Fuel gauge — Lets operator monitor how much fuel is available
- Tool kit — Makes service easier